The island Ugljan is part of the Zadar archipelago and the island nearest to the mianland. There are numerous ferry lines from Zadar and the ride takes about 30 minutes. Ugljan is called the green island, because it is covered with pine forests, olive groves and other Mediterranean vegetation that grows in Croatia. On the north side of the island there are fishing villages, which are recently engaged in tourism; Preko, Kali, Ugljan, Kukljica, Lukoran, and Sutomiscica and other smaller towns. The west side of the island is uninhabited and a paradise for underwater fishermen and for tourists who want to swim in an isolated place. There are numerous field trails on Ugljan suitable for walking or riding bicycles. The town Ugljan with its 9 hamlets is the largest on the island. It has a long tradition in tourism and the tourists love the sandy beaches in the vicinity of Ugljan. You can accommodate in several smaller hotels and numerous private rooms and apartments. As we descend from north to south, we find small places in bays; Lukoran, Sutomiscica, Poljana. Preko has the real Mediterranean atmosphere with an attractive promenade and numerous cafes and restaurants. Here docks the ferry from Zadar. Only 80 meters in front of Preko is a small island Galevac (Skoljic). It is a popular place to swim, together with the sandy beach Jaz, which carries the Blue-flag, symbol that the sea is very clear here. As your accommodation you can choose something from the rich offer of private apartments. Southernly of Preko there are Kali and Kukljica. Kali is also a tourist village with many apartments and restaurants. Fishing festivals, exhibitions, concerts are organized there and you can swim in many nearby bays. Nearby is the island of Pasman and there is the famous place called Tkon. More about Ugljan and Preko find in these articles. You can also go on a trip to the nearby island Dugi otok where you can visit Sali and Bozava. Nearby Biograd and place Pakostane are worth visiting. For those who want to spend some time on the sea there is a large offer of charter boats in Sukosan.
|16.01.||-2°C 29°F||Snow Showers 52% 35 NE|
|Tue||min: -2°C max: 4°C||Partly Cloudy|
|Wed||min: -3°C max: 4°C||Partly Cloudy|
|Thu||min: -4°C max: 4°C||Partly Cloudy|
|Fri||min: -3°C max: 6°C||Partly Cloudy|
TO ISLANDS TRAVEL
MON - FRI : 8:00 - 16:00 h
tel: +385 (0)21 494 802
fax: +385 (0)21 494 820
10000 houses, apartments and rooms in offer.
- 3600 charter boats.
- Direct contracts with the owners.
- Approved properties with the licence to work. Detailed descriptions and pictures.
- The exact location of objects on the map.
- We will respond to all questions regarding destination and accommodation.
- Special offers - frequent price discounts. Just ask!
- We assist in resolving any problems regarding accommodation.
- Most properties are reserved by advance payment and the rest payment upon arrival.
- You pay on the account in the bank that is in the SEPA system (no costs of money transfer)
- You can pay online by credit card via the secure link.
- You receive voucher via e-mail after we receive the payment.
- Personal insurance covered by Allianz.
- We are members of the Association of Croatian Travel Agencies.
- 10 years of experience, thousands of satisfied guests.
- Our offer lists at: Casamundo, Atraveo, E-domizil, Tripadvisor, Flipkey, Holidaylettings, CaseVacanza, Homeaway, Fewodirekt etc.